Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A Dictionary of North East Dialect, Bill Griffiths, 2005, Northumbria University Press, ISBN 1904794165
- Shan (language spoken in eastern Burma in an area bordering China, Laos and Thailand)
- Shan (person belonging to the ethnic minority that speaks the language)
Declension of shan (type risti)
Derived terms 
- shan-kansa (the Shan people)
- Nonstandard spelling of shān.
- Nonstandard spelling of shán.
- Nonstandard spelling of shǎn.
- Nonstandard spelling of shàn.
Usage notes 
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.