Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪpɪŋ
From Middle English schipping, schyppynge, from Middle English schippen, schipen (“to take ship, navigate”), from Old English scipian (“to take ship; put in order, equip, man a ship”), equivalent to ship + -ing.
- The transportation of goods.
- The body of ships belonging to one nation, port or industry.
- Passage or transport on a ship.
- The cost of sending an item or package via postal services.
transportation of goods
body of ships belonging to one nation, port or industry
passage or transport on a ship
- Present participle of ship.