Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
skeg (plural skegs)
- (nautical) A fin-like structure to the rear of the keel of a vessel that supports the rudder and protects a propeller.
- (nautical) A similar construction on a boat that acts as a keel.
- A fin that serves to stabilize a surfboard.
- (obsolete) A sort of wild plum.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Holland to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A kind of oat.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Farm. Encyc. to this entry?)
- (Australia, slang) A surfer; a person who leads a surfing lifestyle.