Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 Estonian
keel (plural keels)
- a large beam along the underside of a ship’s hull from bow to stern
- sometimes, a rigid, flat piece of material anchored to the lowest part of the hull of a ship to give it greater control and stability
- a type of flat-bottomed boat
- something similar to chalk or crayon used to mark pavement
- (zoology) the periphery of a whorl extended to form a more or less flattened plate; a prominent spiral ridge
- (botany) The two lowest petals of the corolla of a papilionaceous flower, united and enclosing the stamens and pistil; a carina.
- A brewer's cooling vat.
beam along the underside of a ship’s hull
rigid flat piece of material giving a ship greater control and stability
chalk or crayon to mark pavement
keel n (uncountable)
This noun needs an inflection-table template.