Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) Widely cultivated cereal grass, typically Avena sativa.
- The oat stalks made good straw.
- The main forms of oat are meal and bran.
- World trade in oat is increasing.
- (countable) Any of the numerous species, varieties, or cultivars of any of several similar grain plants in genus Avena.
- The wild red oat is thought to be the ancestor of modern food oats.
- (usually as plural) The seeds of the oat, harvested as a food crop.
terms derived from oat
a widely cultivated cereal grass
seeds of the oat — see oats
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked: "the seeds of the oat"
- plural form of