Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
surgery (plural surgeries)
- (medicine) A procedure involving major incisions to remove, repair, or replace a part of a body.
- Many times surgery is necessary to prevent cancer from spreading.
- (medicine) The medical specialty related to the performance of surgical procedures.
- A room or department where surgery is performed.
- I'd discuss this further with you, but I’m wanted in surgery.
- (UK) A doctor's consulting room.
- I dropped in on the surgery as I was passing to show the doctor my hemorrhoids.
- (UK) Any arrangement where people arrive and wait for an interview with certain people, similar to a doctor's surgery.
- Our MP will be holding a surgery in the village hall on Tuesday.
- (finance, bankruptcy, slang) A pre-packaged bankruptcy or "quick bankruptcy".
- (topology) The production of a manifold by removing parts of one manifold and replacing them with corresponding parts of others.
procedure involving major incisions
room or department where surgery is performed
doctor's consulting room
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.