Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈθɪnə(ɹ)/
- (US) enPR: thĭnʹər, IPA(key): /ˈθɪnɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɪnə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: thin‧ner
thinner (plural thinners)
- A liquid substance used to thin the consistency of another liquid.
- Turpentine or mineral spirits can be used as a thinner for oil based paints.
- Something that thins.
- Pomegranate juice and exercise are great natural blood thinners.
- The new type of mechanical thinner allowed thinning of peach blossoms to be completed earlier.
- A solid mane thinner is indispensable in finishing the looks of your horse.
something that thins
thinner m (plural thinners)