Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪ
- (transitive) To loosen, as something interlaced or knotted; to disengage the parts of; as, to untie a knot.
- (transitive) To free from fastening or from restraint; to let loose; to unbind.
- To resolve; to unfold; to clear.
- (intransitive) To become untied or loosed.
to loosen, as something interlaced or knotted
to free from fastening or from restraint
to become untied or loosed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked