resolver (plural resolvers)
- One who or that which resolves.
- Courts are resolvers of disputes.
- a DNS resolver on the Internet
- A device whose electrical output is proportional to the angular position of an object such as a rotor.
This verb conjugates as a first-group verb ending in -er. The forms that would normally end in *-v, *-vs, *-vt are modified to f, s, t. Old French conjugation varies significantly by date and by region. The following conjugation should be treated as a guide.
|gerund||en resolvant||Use the gerund of avoir followed by the past participle|
|indicative||jeo, jou||tu||il||nos, nous||vos, vous||ils|
|imperfect||resolvoie, resolveie, resolvoe, resolveve||resolvoies, resolveies, resolvoes, resolveves||resolvoit, resolveit, resolvot, resolveve||resolviiens, resolviens||resolviiez, resolviez||resolvoient, resolveient, resolvoent, resolvevent|
|future||resolverai||resolveras||resolvera||resolverons||resolveroiz, resolvereiz, resolverez||resolveront|
|conditional||resolveroie, resolvereie||resolveroies, resolvereies||resolveroit, resolvereit||resolveriiens, resolveriens||resolveriiez, resolveriez||resolveroient, resolvereient|
|present perfect||Use the present tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|pluperfect||Use the imperfect tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|past anterior||Use the preterite tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|future perfect||Use the future tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|conditional perfect||Use the conditional tense of avoir followed by the past participle|
|subjunctive||que jeo, jou||que tu||qu’il||que nos, nous||que vos, vous||qu’ils|
|imperfect||resolvasse||resolvasses||resolvast||resolvissons, resolvissiens||resolvissoiz, resolvissez, resolvissiez||resolvassent|
|past||Use the present subjunctive of avoir followed by the past participle|
|pluperfect||Use the imperfect subjunctive of avoir followed by the past participle|
|imperative||–||tu||–||nos, nous||vos, vous||–|
- (Paulista) IPA(key): /ˌʁe.zow.ˈve(ɹ)/
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): /ˌhe.zow.ˈve(ɻ)/
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /ʁɨ.zoɫ.ˈveɾ/
- Hyphenation: re‧sol‧ver
- to solve (to find an answer or solution)
- (catenative) to decide to do something
- Resolvi ir embora.
- I decided to leave.
- Resolvi ir embora.
- to dissolve; to dissipate
- to annul (to formally revoke the validity of)
- (to solve): decifrar, solucionar, solver
- (to decide): decidir, deliberar, determinar, escolher
- (to dissipate): desfazer, dissipar, dissolver, solver
- (to annul): abolir, anular, desfazer, invalidar
- Rule: o becomes a ue in stressed syllables. Irregular in the past participle.