Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: allos
- ellös (in some dialects)
- (archaic, poetic) The second-person singular optative present form of the negation verb, partially synonymous with älä, but it is more polite and subtle.
- This archaic verb form is used mainly in poetry, nowadays even more rarely there. If used in standard Finnish, it has a jocular and playful sense.
- The negation verb has no infinitive form.
- Indicative, conditional and potential moods use the indicative forms (stem e-), for which the verb is conjugated only in person.
- In the imperative mood the negation verb has the stem äl-.
- An archaic optative mood exists and is used mainly in poetry.