Component form of 爪.
When used as the component of a character, 爫 is often written differently from 爪. The three strokes below the main line do not connect, as in 采.
爫 (radical 87 爪+0, 4 strokes, cangjie input 竹火 (HF) or X竹火 (XHF))
- Kangxi radical #87, ⽖
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 688, character 28
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 19655
- Dae Jaweon: page 1101, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 3, page 2030, character 2
- Unihan data for U+722B
- radical form of 爪, called 爪字头
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- Nail, a claw.
- to do; to make