醚 (radical 164 酉+10, 17 strokes, cangjie input 一田卜火木 (MWYFD), four-corner 19639, composition ⿰酉迷)
- KangXi: page 1285, character 43
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 39960
- Dae Jaweon: page 1786, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 3592, character 1
- Unihan data for U+919A
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 酉 (“oxygenated functional group”) + 迷 (“confusion”), referring to the anesthetic properties of diethyl ether. 迷 also acts as the phonetic component.
From 迷 (mí, “confusion”), referring to the anesthetic properties of diethyl ether.
- (organic chemistry) ether
- † drunk