醛 (radical 164, 酉+10, 17 strokes, cangjie input 一田廿人土 (MWTOG), four-corner 14614, composition ⿰酉荃)
- KangXi: page 1286, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 39965
- Dae Jaweon: page 1786, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 6, page 3589, character 3
- Unihan data for U+919B
- Etymology 1
- Ideogrammic compound (會意) and phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 酉 (“oxygenated functional group”) + phonetic 荃 (quán, “fragrant plant”), referring to the fragrance of many aldehydes.
- Etymology 2
- Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 酉 + phonetic 荃 (OC *sʰlon).
From 荃 (quán, “fragrant plant”), referring to the fragrance of many aldehydes.
- (organic chemistry) aldehyde
- 丁醛 (dīngquán)
- 丙醛 (bǐngquán)
- 乙醛 (yǐquán)
- 醛基 (quánjī)
- 醛糖 (quántáng)
- 香草醛 (xiāngcǎoquán)
- † change in the flavour of wine (which may be due to the formation of aldehydes, from which its modern mean may be derived.)
- † pickled vegetables
醛: Hán Nôm readings: thuyên
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text