Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (SK Standard/Seoul) IPA(key): [çi]
- Phonetic hangul: [히]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||hi|
히 • (hi)
- Conveys a nervous laughter or smile.
- (possibly dated) Conveys a smile of satisfaction.
Korean reading of various Chinese characters.
- In North Korea, hanja of the Sino-Korean reading 희 (hui) are sometimes written as 히 (hi) in personal names, e.g. 姬 in 리춘히 (Ri-Chunhi, “Ri Chun-hee”).
- Supreme Court of the Republic of Korea (대한민국 대법원, Daehanmin'guk Daebeobwon) (2018). Table of hanja for personal names (인명용 한자표 / 人名用漢字表, Inmyeong-yong hanja-pyo).