Jump to navigation Jump to search
-eño m (feminine -eña)
- (as an adjective) Coming from, related to, or like.
- (as a noun) One from, belonging to, relating to, or like.
Used to form adjectives from nouns, but the adjectives in turn often come to be used as nouns.
- (comes from): Brasil (“Brazil”) + -eño → brasileño (“Brazilian”, adjective) → brasileño (“Brazilian”, noun)
- (made from): barro (“clay”) + -eño → barreño (“earthenware bowl”)
- (similar to): trigo (“wheat”) + -eño → trigueño (“similar to wheat”)
- (related to): Navidad (“Christmas”) + -eño → navideño (“related to Christmas”)