Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inherited from Ottoman Turkish ـسز (-siz), from Proto-Turkic *-siŕ (“-less”).
|A / I||E / İ||O / U||Ö / Ü|
- Suffix used to create adjectives not containing the noun; roughly equivalent to English -less (or sometimes de-, non-, un-)
- Stress is carried onto the suffix when appended to a word with stress on the last syllable:
- Stress doesn't shift when appended to a word that is stressed elsewhere.
From Proto-Turkic *-siŕ.
- Suffix used to create adjectives not containing the noun.
- Antonym: -li
- Turkish terms inherited from Ottoman Turkish
- Turkish terms derived from Ottoman Turkish
- Turkish terms inherited from Proto-Turkic
- Turkish terms derived from Proto-Turkic
- Turkish terms with IPA pronunciation
- Turkish lemmas
- Turkish suffixes
- Turkish adjective-forming suffixes
- Turkish terms with usage examples
- Uzbek terms inherited from Proto-Turkic
- Uzbek terms derived from Proto-Turkic
- Uzbek lemmas
- Uzbek suffixes
- Uzbek terms with usage examples