Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
A-2 (plural A-2s)
- (US, military, historical) Fokker A-2 air ambulance, that did not see production.
- (military) Intelligence section of an air force staff.
1996, John F. Kreiss, Piercing the Fog: Intelligence and Army Air Forces Operations in World War II:
- ...showing that Arnold did not trust his own A-2 to undertake the targeting assignment.
- (military) Intelligence officer on an air force staff.
1998, Ian Gooderson, Air Power at the Battlefront:
- The Air Intelligence Officer (A-2) would then present new items...
A-2 (not comparable)
- Almost A-1 in quality; rated just below the best.