Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (international standards, aviation) IATA airport code for Asau Airport, which serves Asau, Savaiʻi, Samoa.
AAU (plural AAUs)
- (law, climate change) Initialism of .
- 2014, John G Sprankling, “Rights in Airspace and Outer Space”, in The International Law of Property, Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 174:
- The standard allowance, an “assigned amount unit” (AAU), is equivalent to one metric ton of carbon dioxide emissions. […] In general, these credits can be purchased, sold, and otherwise transferred by private actors through international markets. Unlike AAUs, they are not allocated by a state but rather are generated through voluntary activities undertaken most commonly by private actors.
- ^ Lesley Brown, editor-in-chief; William R. Trumble and Angus Stevenson, editors (2002), “AAU”, in The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, 5th edition, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 2.
- ^ Christine A. Lindberg, editor (2002), “AAU”, in The Oxford College Dictionary, 2nd edition, New York, N.Y.: Spark Publishing, →ISBN, page 1.