Jump to navigation Jump to search
ANC (countable and uncountable, plural ANCs)
- (medicine, immunology) Initialism of absolute neutrophil count: a blood test measuring the number of neutrophil granulocytes.
- 2005, Donald Hall, The Best Day the Worst Day: Life with Jane Kenyon, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, →ISBN, page 121:
- On November 28 Jane's bloodwork chart provided the exaltation we looked for. The column for ANCs, resolutely 0 day after day, showed the figure 1. The single ANC was evidence that the new marrow was engrafting, beginning to produce a new immune system, the most significant marker in the journey of the hundred days.
- (healthcare) Initialism of antenatal care.
- (audio) Initialism of active noise control.
- Initialism of African National Congress.
- Initialism of Assemblea Nacional Catalana (“Catalan National Assembly”).
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English initialisms
- English terms with quotations
- English proper nouns
- en:South African politics
- Catalan lemmas
- Catalan proper nouns
- Catalan feminine nouns with no feminine ending
- Catalan feminine nouns
- Catalan initialisms