Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Thracian town known for the foolishness of its inhabitants.
- Abdera (A Thracian town known for its inhabitants' foolishness)
- (figuratively, by extension) Chelm, cloud-cuckoo-land
This can be declined in two various fashions.
|Second declension, with locative.
|First declension, with locative.
- Abdera in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- Abdera in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- Abdera in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette
Abdera in D. P. Simpson, Cassell's Latin Dictionary, Wiley Publishing, 1968