Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: abderian
- Of or belonging to Abdera or its people.
- Alternative form of
Abderian (plural Abderians)
- An inhabitant or native of Abdera.
- 1872, Stephen Smith, Doctor in Medicine: and Other Papers on Professional Subjects:
- He regrets that his lines had not fallen in the pleasant places of the past — among the intelligent Abderians of whom it is said, when Hippocrates came to their city to cure Democritus of his madness, not only the men, but also the women and children […] went forth to meet him.
- Abderian in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- Abderian in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- Abderian at OneLook Dictionary Search