From the Hebrew word עבדון (abdon, “servant”). Compare Arabic عَبْد (ʿabd) (as in Abdullah), which also means servant.
Abdon (countable and uncountable, plural Abdons)
- The tenth judge of Israel. (biblical character)
- 1611, Bible (KJV), Judges 12:13-14::
- And after him Abdon the son of Hillel, a Pirathonite, judged Israel. And he had forty sons and thirty nephews, that rode on threescore and ten ass colts: and he judged Israel eight years.
- (rare) A male given name.
- A male given name, cognate to Abdon