Adam and Eve
- (Should we delete(+) this sense?) The first man and woman, respectively, according to the Book of Genesis.
- Cain and Abel were the sons of Adam and Eve.
- 2004, Paul Collins, The Earthborn, p. 71:
- In his own unique way, he was a radical—him and that sister of his, Lucida. Radicals with inbuilt longevity—a regular Adam and Eve who would add healthy genes to Earth's decaying gene pool.
the first man and woman (according to Genesis)
- (Cockney rhyming slang) To believe.
- Would you Adam and Eve it: I've only gone an' lost me wallet, ain't I?
- Restricted to a few set phrases, such as "would you Adam and Eve it?".