- A patronymic surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname; mostly of persons born before 1950.
- A female given name taken into general use in the 1940s; usually interpreted as a spelling variant of Alison.
- a small city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Butler County.
- 1956 Grace Metalious: Peyton Place, UPNE, 1999, →ISBN, Book One, Chapter 4,
- Allison MacKenzie's father, for whom the child had been named, died when she was three years old.
- 1994 Sharyn McCrumb, She Walks These Hills, Scribner's, →ISBN, page 81:
- "Allison?" Surely that was a girl's name.
- "It's after Davey Allison, the race car driver. He got killed right before the baby was born. Tracy and me wanted to honor his memory." It was a precise little speech. She must have explained the name many times.