Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A mountain range in central Asia, where Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan come together.
- A prefecture in northern Xinjiang, China.
- 1989, Ma Yin (马寅), editor, China's Minority Nationalities (中国少数民族), Beijing: Foreign Languages Press, →ISBN, OCLC 924796533, page 161:
- The Kazaks were struggling in poverty before liberation. Some 2,000 people died of starvation in the Altay Prefecture from 1944 to 1945, and 40 per cent of the Kazak herdsmen in Altay County alone were homeless in 1946.
- A county-level city in Altay prefecture, in far northern Xinjiang, China.
Altay, Xinjiang, China
- A male given name