- To cover with an artificial grass-like material.
2002, Wendy Perriam, Tread Softly, page 17:
- But what was there left to Astroturf? The sitting-room? Hugh's bald patch?
2006, Dick Wolfsie, Indiana Curiosities, 2nd, page 41:
- Is it just me, or is it hard to find anyone nowadays to Astroturf your car?
- (politics, usually lowercase) To fabricate an impression of political support for an agenda. See astroturfing.
- Of a group created by a larger organisation (especially a corporation or political party), but presenting itself as a grassroots organisation.
Astroturf (plural Astroturfs)
- Alternative spelling of