Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An ancient Eastern Old Iranian language that was used to compose the sacred hymns and canon of the Zoroastrian Avesta.
- Synonym: Zend (dated)
- An alphabet which was developed based on Pahlavi scripts and used to write Avestan and Middle Persian languages.
Old Iranian language
Avestan (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Avesta or Avestan.
- Avestan geography
- 1922, Dhalla, Maneckji Nusservanji, Zoroastrian Civilization, page 113:
- We find, fortunately preserved in the extant Avestan texts, some material that gives us a vivid idea of the importance which the ancient Iranians attached to the fulfilment of contracts.
of or pertaining to Avesta