Banks + -ian
Banksian (comparative more Banksian, superlative most Banksian)
- (botany) Of or pertaining to Joseph Banks, English botanist and naturalist.
- Of or pertaining to Iain Banks (born 1954) or his writings, most notably a utopian style of science fiction.
2003, David Langford, Up Through an Empty House of Stars, page 214:
- Naturally it's compulsive Banksian reading, with lashings of gore, squalor, poison, torture and philosophy.
2007, Ian Brown, The Edinburgh History of Scottish Literature, page 255:
- […] the recurring motif of war and its symbolic Banksian appendage, the figure of the castle […]
- Books in Scotland (issues 63-68, page 4)
- And it is in the character and story of Abel that this element of Banksian self-parody shows itself most clearly […]