Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to Brobdingnag.
- (figuratively) Enormous, huge, far larger than is customary for such a thing.
- 1899, Israel Zangwill, They that Walk in Darkness: Ghetto Tragedies, page 289:
- When, at the head-centre, the lady demonstrator, armed with a Brobdingnagian whalebone needle, threaded with a bright red cord, executed herringboned fantasias on a canvas frame resembling a violin stand, it all looked easy enough.
- 1907, Booth Tarkington, “Glamour”, in His Own People:
- The two men followed Madame de Vaurigard into a square hall, hung with tapestries and lit by two candles of a Brobdingnagian species Mellin had heretofore seen only in cathedrals.
- See also Thesaurus:gigantic
Brobdingnagian (plural Brobdingnagians)