Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑɹloʊ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɑːləʊ/
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)ləʊ
Carlo (plural Carlos)
- A male given name from Italian, equivalent to English Charles
- 1867 June 15, Frances Trollope, “Mabel's Progress”, in All the Year Round, page 579:
- Charles, come here and be presented to your cousin, Mabel Earnshaw. His name is Carlo, but I couldn't possibly call him by it; it sounds so like a dog. At least, pronounced in my English fashion. And I can't roll my r's.