This is the main category of the Sanskrit language, represented in Wiktionary by the code sa. It is a member of the Indo-Aryan family and written in Devanagari, Bengali, Brahmi, Grantha, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kharoshthi, Kannada, Malayalam scripts.
All terms in Sanskrit should be here, divided into subcategories by parts of speech, subjects, etc. A complete list may also be available at Index:Sanskrit.
Please see Wiktionary:About Sanskrit for considerations about Sanskrit entries.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Sanskrit.
- Category:sa:All topics: Sanskrit words categorized by subject.
- Category:Sanskrit morphemes: Morphemes used to form Sanskrit words.
- Category:Sanskrit parts of speech: Sanskrit terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Sanskrit phrases: Sanskrit groups of words elaborated to express ideas.
- Category:Sanskrit lexicons: Sanskrit words categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Sanskrit etymologies: Sanskrit terms categorized by their origins.
- Category:Terms derived from Sanskrit: Words derived from Sanskrit in various languages.
- Category:Sanskrit symbols: Sanskrit characters that represent ideas, concepts, sounds and objects.
- Category:Sanskrit appendices: Miscellaneous information about Sanskrit language.
- Category:Requests (Sanskrit): Sanskrit entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:User sa: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Sanskrit.
- Category:Sanskrit templates: Sanskrit templates with predefined content for similar functions.
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.