Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Literally "universal church", the whole body of Christendom, especially before the division into Western and Eastern churches.
- The Roman Catholic Church, which consists of 23 particular Churches in full communion with the Bishop of Rome.
- The Catholic Church is the world's second largest religious body after Sunni Islam.
- Any of the independent Catholic Churches, such as the Old Catholic Church, the Polish National Catholic Church, or the Orthodox Catholic Church.
- Any Christian denomination that identifies explicitly as "Catholic" based on its affirmation of the Nicene Creed, such as any of the Anglican Churches.
the whole body of Christendom before the division into Western and Eastern churches
Roman Catholic Church
any Christian denomination that identifies explicitly as "Catholic"