Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The Catholic Church, which consists of 23 particular churches in full communion with the Pope as the Bishop of Rome.
- The Catholic Church is the largest Christian church, comprising almost half of all Christians in the world.
- 2012, Nat Carnes, Al-Maghred, the Barbary Lion: A Look at Islam, Page 86
- The “Catholic Church” or “Roman Catholic Church” is the world's second largest single religious body after Sunni Islam
- Literally "universal church", the whole body of Christendom, especially before the division into Western and Eastern churches.
- Any of the independent Catholic Churches, such as the Old Catholic Church, the Polish National Catholic Church, or the Orthodox Catholic Church.
- Any Christian denomination that identifies explicitly as "Catholic" based on its affirmation of the Nicene Creed, such as any of the Anglican Churches.
Roman Catholic Church — see Roman Catholic Church
the whole body of Christendom before the division into Western and Eastern churches
any Christian denomination that identifies explicitly as "Catholic"