Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: catholic
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkaθ(ə)lɪk/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkæθ(ə)lɪk/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -æθəlɪk, -æθlɪk
- Hyphenation: Cath‧o‧lic
- Of the Western Christian church, as differentiated from e.g. the Orthodox church.
- Christmas is celebrated at different dates in the Catholic and Orthodox calendars.
- Of the Roman Catholic church in particular.
- The Church of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic one.
- Catholic churches are built differently than Protestant ones.
- Alternative letter-case form of
of the Western Christian church, as differentiated from the Orthodox church
of the Roman Catholic church
Catholic (plural Catholics)
- A member of a Catholic church.
- The wife of the Prime Minister is a Catholic.
member of a Catholic church