Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: western
- Of, situated in, or related to the West
- "As Western culture became increasingly mechanized in the 1600s, the female earth and virgin earth spirit were subdued by the machine." (The Death of Nature, "Nature as Female" by Carolyn Merchant)
- Of or pertaining to a certain genre of film, television, literature, and so on, dealing with the American Old West.
- (of the West): non-Western
of, situated in, or related to the West — see western
Western (plural Westerns)
- A film, novel, or other work of a certain genre dealing with the American Old West.
work of a genre dealing with Old West — see western
- western (film genre)
- Western in Duden online