Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The western part of the United States during the 19th-century era of expansion and settlement.
- 1918, Stewart Edward White, chapter 5, in The Forty-Niners:
- It can well be imagined what disaster could descend upon a camping party in a wilderness such as the Old West, amidst the enemies which that wilderness supported.
- 2005 Sept. 18, Richard Corliss, "Movies: Sticking to Their Guns," Time:
- In the Old West—anyway in the old westerns—morality and mechanics went gun-in-hand.