Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkeɪ.təʊ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkeɪ.toʊ/
- Rhymes: -eɪtəʊ
- A male given name, rare in English.
- A surname. A French matronymic derived from Catherine.
- A Roman cognomen, particularly a branch of gens Porcia, notable for producing several statesmen, especially Cato the Younger and Cato the Elder.
- A town and a village in New York.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A male given name popular in the 1970s and 1980s.