Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkætədeɪ/, /ˈkætədi/
- (US) enPR: kăʹtər-dā, IPA(key): /ˈkætɚdeɪ/, enPR: kăʹtər-dē, IPA(key): /ˈkætɚdi/
Caturday (plural Caturdays)
- (Internet slang) Saturday, as the day of the week for posting lolcats.
- 2018 July 16, Lev Grossman, Time:
- I had heard of Caturday when I wrote the piece, but I’d understood that it was a proto-lolcats practice that was different from the actual lolcats meme.
- 2018 August 31, Jon Kelly; Jude Sheerin, “The strange virtual world of 4chan”, in BBC News:
- Lolcats - images of anthropomorphic felines captioned with mis-spelt web-speak ("im in ur bed zleepin" and so on) - made their first appearance on the site, during its regular "Caturday" slot, but went on to dominate blogs and sites the length and breadth of the internet.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:Caturday.