Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -iːliə
- A female given name.
- c. 1598–1600, William Shakespeare, “As You Like It”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, (please specify the act number in uppercase Roman numerals):: Act I: Scene III:
- Rosalind: But what will you be called?
- Celia: Something that hath a reference to my state:
- No longer Celia, but Aliena.
female given name
- A female given name, equivalent to English Celia though sometimes pronounced with a spanish accent.