See also: chicano
Chicano (not comparable)
- (chiefly US, of a person) American but of Mexican descent, especially if conscious of one's political identity in the U.S. body politic.
- (of a person) Identifying with the mixed-raced heritage of Old World and New World.
- Of or pertaining to Chicano people.
- Reflecting Spanish usage, the form Chicana is typically used when applied specifically to women; however, the form Chicano is sometimes used in this case as well.
- Rarely, Chican@ or Chicanx is used as a gender-neutral form.
Chicano (plural Chicanos)
- (chiefly US) A Chicano person.
- See notes about the noun, above.
- pachuco, a subset of Chicanos from the early 20th century
- ^ The Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Eleventh Edition.