Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: chicanx
Chicanx (not comparable)
- (neologism) Chicano or Chicana (and of any gender).
- Coordinate term: Latinx
- 2016, Roberta Rice, Gordana Yovanovich, Re-Imagining Community and Civil Society in Latin America →ISBN:
- By reframing the archive through a rereading (or reinterpretation) of The Conquest, Sara enables Chicanx collective memory to provide an entirely new context (Chicanx and Latin American) that the creators of the archive never imagined[.]
- 2016, Iris D. Ruiz, Reclaiming Composition for Chicano/as and Other Ethnic Minorities →ISBN:
- We can now legitimately look to the Americas, to the indigenous, to the African American, to the Chicanx, or to the Puerto Riqueña to inform new understandings of rhetorical functions and histories.
- 2016, Dána-Ain Davis, Christa Craven, Feminist Ethnography: Thinking through Methodologies, Challenges,... →ISBN:
- Chicanx and Latinx
Chicanx (plural Chicanxs)
- (neologism) A Chicano or Chicana (of any gender).
- 2015 December, Hasta Mas alla De Los Gritos, page 4: It was seen as negative until Chicanxs took it back.
- 2015 Fall, City on a Hill Press-Primer, page 30:
- In California, Chicanxs/Latinxs high school graduares are rising [...] [sic]
- Spanish: chicanx