Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of wifelet
- diminutive form of wife.
1857, Making of America Project, Putnam's Monthly:
- Annie, wifelet, let me tell you of one of my foreign flirtations—one that I have never yet even hinted to you. If I had dared to guess the meaning of that ...
1906, Flora Annie Webster Steel, A Sovereign Remedy:
- Give me a kiss, wifelet." She gave him one. She would have given him a dozen of the trivial things had he asked for them! Then she laid her hand on his. ...
1990, Miranda Seymour, The Reluctant Devil: A Cautionary Tale:
- 'My own little wifelet.' Harriet hung her head. 'Why not Sally- Anne? Why me?' Why indeed, he wondered, looking at the big blonde child who fate had ...
2006, Hester Browne, The Little Lady Agency:
- Allegra, the largely ignored trophy wifelet?" Allegra had been married to Lars, an Anglo-Swedish art dealer who collected prehistoric arrowheads, ...
- a mistress
- 2007, Petronella Wyatt, “The Marquess of Bath - on the prowl for "wifelet 76"”, Daily Mail, March 30th 2007:
- The grounds of Longleat House in Wiltshire, home of the Marquess of Bath, Britain's most infamous aristocrat, are looking bleak in the cold light of a chilly day. The outlook is looking bleak for me, too. The Marquess, now 74, who is best known for his remarkably unorthodox dress sense, his pornographic murals and his series of wifelets, is fixing me with a priapic eye while slurping wine from a beer glass. "I need some more," he declares loudly. "Wine?" I inquire. "No, wifelets, of course." [ (link)]