Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of wifelet
- (colloquial, affectionate) A wife.
- Making of America Project (1857) Putnam's Monthly
- Flora Annie Webster Steel (1906) A Sovereign Remedy
- Miranda Seymour (1990) The Reluctant Devil: A Cautionary Tale
- Hester Browne (2006) The Little Lady Agency
- (by extension) A wife who is of small stature.
- (by extension) A long-term girlfriend.
- (by extension) A mistress.
2007 March 30, Petronella Wyatt, “The Marquess of Bath – on the prowl for ‘wifelet 76’”, in The Daily Mail:
- The grounds of Longleat House in Wiltshire, home of the Marquess of Bath, Britain's most infamous aristocrat, are looking bleak in the cold light of a chilly day. The outlook is looking bleak for me, too. The Marquess, now 74, who is best known for his remarkably unorthodox dress sense, his pornographic murals and his series of wifelets, is fixing me with a priapic eye while slurping wine from a beer glass. "I need some more," he declares loudly. "Wine?" I inquire. "No, wifelets, of course."