Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: coke
Abbreviation of . See coke (“cola”).
Coke (plural Cokes)
- (uncountable, informal) Cola-based soft drink.
- (in particular) Coca-Cola.
- (countable, informal) A bottle, glass or can of a cola-based soft drink.
- 1958, Franklin Martin, “The Trouble with Mrs. Benton”, in Venus, volume 1, number 1, Garden of Eve Publications, page 16:
- 'You have a coke and I'll have a beer and we can talk business.'
- (in particular) A bottle, glass or can of Coca-Cola.
- I want a Coke.
- (US, especially Southern US, informal) Any soft drink, regardless of type.
- (soft drink): see the list at soda
informal: any cola-flavored drink