Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to Queen Elizabeth.
- 1817 , Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Biographia Literaria 
- Both in respect of this and of the former excellence, Mr. Wordsworth strikingly resembles Samuel Daniel, one of the golden writers of our golden Elizabethian age, now most causelessly neglected: [...]
- 1850 , Charles Dickens, David Copperfield 
- This was bad enough; but, as the philosophic Dane observes, with that universal applicability which distinguishes the illustrious ornament of the Elizabethian Era, worse remains behind.
- 1995, Bruno Nettl, Heartland Excursions:
- The correlation between costume and musical category is so strong that a hearing-impaired person could usually identify style and category by noting whether the musicians wear tuxedos, blazers, turtlenecks, robes, dhotis, Elizabethian garb, T-shirts with holes, or leather jackets.
- 1817 , Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Biographia Literaria