Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˈaɪə(ɹ)lənd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)lənd
- Hyphenation: Ire‧land
- A large island in northwestern Europe.
- A republic occupying the majority-area of the island of Ireland, with Northern Ireland occupying the rest of the island. Also known as the Republic of Ireland since 1949.
- A surname.
- (island): Emerald Isle, Erin, Eire (rare), Wolfland (obsolete nickname)
- (country): Republic of Ireland, Southern Ireland
- (both): Éire, Eire
country — See also translations at Republic of Ireland
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City