Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used to form a name of a territory, country, or region.
- Graceland /ɡɹeɪs.lənd/
- Disneyland /dɪz.ni.lænd/
- 2005, Caroline Jasper, Powercolor: master color concepts for all media (ISBN 082304260X), page 132:
- In "Bobland," as Robert Burridge refers to his studio, the artist surrounds himself with vibrant color.
- 2006, Michael Gray, The Bob Dylan encyclopedia, page 454:
- […] Jeff Bridges, the loathsome journalist (and in Bobland there is no other sort) is grinding out his weary cynical take […]
- 2013, Elisabeth Rose, E For England (ISBN 0857990667):
- 'As long as you treat the kids properly and help financially I don't care what you do.' [Kevin] exhaled loudly. 'Thanks, Annie. You're a wonderful woman and I do love you, you know that.' So in Kevinland that made everything right.
territory, country or region (suffix)