- A male given name, of mostly American usage since the 18th century; popular in the 2000s.
- For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
- 1889 John Langdon Heaton: The Story of Vermont: p.90:
- There have been Ethan Allen mills, Ethan Allen stock companies, Ethan Allen fire companies and Ethan Allen streets. The name of the daring partisan leader has been used in Vermont much as that of Washington throughout the Union.
- 2001 Anne Tyler, Alfred A. Knopf 2001, Back When We Were Grownups, ↑ISBN, page 88:
- They would have named him something dignified: Ethan, or Tristram. Something that couldn't easily be shortened.
- A town in South Dakota, US.
male given name
Ethan n (genitive Ethans, no plural)
- ethane (aliphatic hydrocarbon, C2H6)