Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Æthiopian (archaic)
Ethiopian (plural Ethiopians)
- A person from Ethiopia or of Ethiopian descent.
- (dated) A black-skinned person, especially one from Africa.
- The Ethiopian eunuch.
Ethiopian (comparative more Ethiopian, superlative most Ethiopian)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Ethiopia, the Ethiopian people or the Ethiopian culture.
- (dated, not comparable) Of, from, or pertaining to Africa and the African diaspora.
- 2016, Colson Whitehead, The Underground Railroad, Fleet (2017), page 314:
- Any person of color recognized his Ethiopian heritage immediately. That nose, those lips, good hair or no.
of, from, or pertaining to Ethiopia
- English terms suffixed with -an
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English dated terms
- English terms with usage examples
- English adjectives
- English terms with quotations
- English terms suffixed with -ian