Jump to navigation Jump to search
FTP (not comparable)
FTP (plural FTPs)
- (psychology) Initialism of (a scale developed by Carstensen and Frieder Lang)
- (computing, transitive) To transfer using File Transfer Protocol.
- 1995, Richard Wagner, Inside CompuServe:
- Just as newsgroups have certain rules to live by, there are several courtesies to remember when FTPing and telneting to remote sites […]
- 2008, Paul Thewlis, WordPress for Business Bloggers:
- Having saved header.php, I FTPed it back to the Sandbox theme folder, overwriting the old version.
- (US) Initialism of .
- [2018, David Correia, Tyler Wall, Police: A Field Guide, page 263:
- "Fuck the police" emerged as the unofficial motto of the 1992 riots in Los Angeles […] Following the murder of Michael Brown in Ferguson, street signs and businesses were frequently tagged with FTP.]
- 2020 June 2, “YG Has a Clear Message in New Protest Song 'FTP'”, in Billboard:
- As nationwide protests continue to grow, demanding justice for George Floyd and the black community as a whole, YG has shared a new protest song titled "FTP (F--- the Police)."