Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A creole of English and various African languages spoken on a group of islands he coast of the Carolinas and Georgia in the Southern United States.
- Gullah has been spoken continuously since before the Civil War.
- The culture surrounding this language and geography.
Gullah (plural Gullahs or Gullah)
- A member of the Gullah culture.
Gullah (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the Gullah language and culture.
- The music of George Gershwin’s Porgie and Bess was inspired in part by Gullah "shouts".