Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A number of places in English-speaking countries, see Wikipedia:Hillsborough
- (Britain) A major football disaster at the Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield.
- (soccer) the home stadium of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
2012 April 15, Phil McNulty, “Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea”, in BBC:
- Before kick-off, a section of Chelsea's support sadly let themselves and their club down by noisily interrupting the silence held in memory of the Hillsborough disaster and for Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini, who collapsed and died after suffering a heart attack during a Serie B game on Saturday.
- (soccer, by extension) Sheffield Wednesday Football Club itself.